- Lending Library
- OPB is pleased to offer the Lending Library as a benefit to Cornerstone Society, President’s Council, and Wyllis Johnson Legacy Society members as well as OPB Business Partners. Now you may enjoy viewing or listening to your favorite programs at your convenience.
- Members and Partners may borrow up to 2 items at a time for up to 21 days, at which time you simply drop the item in the mail using the envelope and postage provided. If the item you have selected is currently on loan, we will be happy to reserve it for you. We hope you enjoy this service.
- Your Request List
- How to use our online request form
- · Click "Details / Add to list" to get a full description of a program.
- · If you decide you would like to check out a program, click the "Add to Request List" button at the bottom of the detail page.
- · You may continue browsing and add up to two items to your request list.
- · When you are ready to check out, click "Check Out" from the bottom of your Request List.
- · On the next page, select your OPB membership status from the pull-down menu.
- · Enter your shipping/contact information and any comments you may have.
- · Click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page and your request will be on its way.
- For more information or to select by phone:
- If you're a Business Partner, please e-mail Lori Bernet or call 503.293.1950.
- If you're a Cornerstone Society, President's Council or Wyllis Johnson Legacy Society member, please e-mail Julie Arnzen or call 503.977.7765.
Lending LibraryA Service for OPB Cornerstone Members and Business Partners
American Experience: JFK, Like No Other
Media: 2 DVD(s)
Duration: 4h 0m
OPB Production: No
Close Caption: No
In this probing biography, AMERICAN EXPERIENCE presents a fresh look at an enigmatic man who remains one of the nation's most beloved and mourned leaders, John F. Kennedy. Beginning with Kennedy's childhood years as the privileged but sickly son of one of the wealthiest men in America, the film explores his early political career as a lackluster congressman, his successful run for the U.S. Senate, and the game-changing presidential campaign that made him the youngest elected president in U.S. history. With the benefit of recently opened archives, the film recounts his struggles with life-threatening illnesses, and his efforts to keep them hidden from the public. JFK offers a new perspective on his complicated private life, including his relationship with his wife, his close connection to his younger brother, Robert, and his complex bond with his powerful father. It also reevaluates Kennedy's strengths and weaknesses in the Oval Office.